Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the LTE SIM Swap offer?
The LTE SIM Swap will give selected prepaid and postpaid customers the opportunity to upgrade their non-LTE SIM card to an LTE SIM card FREE of charge. Prepaid and Postpaid customers will receive a 7 day12GB data plan free.
2. How does the promotion work?
You will be able to go into an authorized Dealer store and request to upgrade from a non-LTE SIM to a LTE SIM card for FREE. Once you have the sim in hand, no verification is needed.
After the SIM swap is completed, if you are a Prepaid customer, you will then receive the 7 day 12GB data plan on the new SIM card.
If you're Postpaid, you will receive the LTE Free 12GB Data Plan up to 48 hours after the upgrade.
3. What is cost of the SIM card?
The LTE SIM card will be FREE along with the 7-day 12GB plan for prepaid and postpaid customers.
4. Will the 12GB plan auto renew?
No, the 12GB plan will not auto renew and you will not be able repurchase the plan.
5. How do I check if my SIM card is LTE compatibility?
You may check your SIM card compatibility by dialing *141#.
6. Will I need to have the Non- LTE SIM that is being upgraded?
Yes, you will be required to have the SIM card before the upgrade can be completed.
7. How can I check my LTE data balance?
You will be able to check your data balance via the MyDigicel app, UMM or *120*9# send.
8. Will I be able to activate other plans while on the LTE data plan?
Yes, you will be able to activate any other data plan and both plans will be active at the same time. The data from the LTE plan will be used first. Once the plan expires, you will lose access to unused data.
9. Will the Postpaid 12GB plan be added to the regular data bundle?
No. This will have a separate bundle from the regular data bundle.
- Your LTE data will be used first when browsing before your regular data bundle
- If you have a social bundle and the LTE Bundle, and you're using social media, you will be charged from the social bundle first.
- If you have a data night plan and the LTE bundle, the Data Night will be used first.
- If you have an iPlan and the LTE Bundle, the LTE Bundle will be used first.
10. Which data will be used first for postpaid?
The LTE free 12GB data plan will be used first.
11. If I'm on an older postpaid plan, am I eligible for this LTE free 1GB plan?
Yes. Customers on any postpaid plan is eligible for the free 12GB plan.