Digicel’s DigiLoan service allows prepaid customers an opportunity to request credit in advance and pay for it later. Loans of less than JMD100 will attract a fixed fee of JMD10 whilst a 10% service fee will apply to loans greater than JMD100.
Note: Based on eligibility, you will qualify for varied loan amounts. Therefore you may not be able to qualify for all available loan amounts.
How can I check my DigiLoan balance?
- You will be able to check their DigiLoan balance via by dialing *147# and selecting the option to Get Loan Balance from the DigiLoan menu.
- You may also use *120*190# to access their DigiLoan balance.
How long will the DigiLoan service be offered?
The DigiLoan service is an ongoing product that is available to select prepaid customers.
Digicel reserves the right at any time, with or without notice, to vary the terms and conditions or to withdraw DigiLoan services.
What is the rate for calls when using my DigiLoan credit?
Rates charged from the DigiLoan balance will be the same as the prepaid rate plan active on your account. Special telephone tax will also be charged from the DigiLoan balance.
Click here to see our Prepaid Rates.
Am I required to have a minimum amount of credit on my account to access a DigiLoan?
No. You will be qualified for a DigiLoan regardless of the amount of credit is available on your main balance.
Am I able to request a DigiLoan while roaming?
- No. Unfortunately you will not be able to use the DigiLoan service while roaming. This service can only be used locally.
- However, if you top up while roaming and they are in debt, the loan amount will be deducted from the top up amount.
How many times can I request a DigiLoan?
You may request a loan as many times as they wish, AFTER repaying any DigiLoans previously taken. In other words you must repay any outstanding loan before they can request a 2nd DigiLoan.
Can my DigiLoan received expire?
No. The credit received from the DigiLoan request will not expire and will remain on the account until it has been used.
What happens if I repay my loan before exhausting the credit received from my DigiLoan requested?
Credit received from DigiLoan will be available until it’s used.
If I have a calling plan available in addition to my DigiLoan balance what is the priority for charging?
- If you have an International calling plan minutes and Diaspora triple/ double bubble bonus credit they will be used before the DigiLoan balance.
Are there any restrictions for the use of the credit received from a DigiLoan request?
Yes. You will be able to:
- Call local on-net mobile and fixed line, off-net mobile and fixed line and internationals numbers (USA/Canada mobile & UK landline) and Digicel Caribbean territories excluding Guyana, Cuba and Haiti with their DigiLoan balance.
- Call on-net, off-net and international (USA/Canada mobile & UK landline) text messages can be sent from credit received from DigiLoan.
- Activate plans such as data plans or an International Calling Plan.
N.B. You will not be able to use the DigiLoan balance to activate a VIP Talk plan
- However, DigiLoan balances cannot be used for calls made to toll free numbers and special number such as 114 (directory assistance) or 116 (weather line), nor used to participate in text 2 win promotions, Digi Info service, Digi Chat service, and cannot be used for Pay as You Go (PAYGO) data browsing. A DigiLoan balance cannot be transferred or sent via Credit U.